NUFFNANG Ad

5/25/2014

Of Colorful Palettes and Yuki.

A friend of mine once asked for a recommendable place to do a shoot for his doll. Being a meticulous person, he wanted a place that was fit for a princess. The first place that came to mind was none - other than this princess - themed cupcake place that I personally like.

Sprinkles!


Besides the food, the interiors are always a huge plus when it comes to bakery or pastry specialty shops. It helps to keep a vibe that customers will either love or hate. Vanilla Cupcake Bakery is like a princess wonderland. Their colorfully asymmetrical decorations and furnishings are all made to compliment their sweets. They also have this atmosphere that just makes you wanna spend your whole day in their store and not complain about it at all (unless you hate sweets are anything that's too colorful). The people are very accommodating and always greet you with a smile. I never falter loving this place.


 

Even their AC is colorfully decorated!

I personally recommended their branch that was located at Bonifacio High Street since it really looked like a princess dollhouse just by looking at their shop-front. So we went together last month and decided to eat our lunch at the said place. Despite being a cupcake joint, they also cater full meals and drinks, Sadly though, not all of their branches serve all of these meals yet.

I've already tried their 3 mushroom cream pasta (which was really delish!), so I opted for a different meal.

Cheesy Lasagna served with a glass of their Apple Iced Tea (served in a very cute mason jar).

This time, I ordered their Cheesy Lasagna, served in a rectangular container that seriously reminded me of my childhood when my mom used to bake dishes. The serving size, mind you, is just right: not too big nor too small.

While waiting for our orders, my friend August took out his dollfie named Yuki, a Volks DD Saber Alter. I'm seriously lucky to be friends with him since I have the privilege of taking tons of photos of his beloved little girl (and sometimes I even get to carry Yuki around * u * ). <3

Here are some of the shots that I got during that day:





One of the things that I've learned about taking photos of dolls is that they're very expressive, given the chance that you know which angle would be the best for them. It might sound strange for most people but, whenever I take photos of Yuki, it feels like she's posing for me. Like her eyes are looking straight at my phone camera, ready for the shot (Do I sound like a weirdo right now? ><  ).






But of course, it's not only August who bought his plaything. I also bought some of my toys, sadly though, I wasn't able to take that much good photos of them.

Here are some photos of my Danboards, my Super Sonico Figma and Mamegoma, being their playful selves.




"Do we get to eat this cupcake?"



My little Mamegoma, feeling all too comfy. :3

And lastly, before the day ended, we took a few last shots of the place, August also ordered a cupcake for him to try out. They have a lot of cupcakes to choose from. My personal favorite is the Choco Cream Pie. <3 But during that day, I decided not to order any cupcakes since I wasn't in the mood to eat sweets.




My most favorite view of the place: Uniquely designed layered cakes, hanging mugs and teacups, vintage light fixtures. <3

"May your dreams be as sweet as you are."


 At first, my friend felt a bit of discomfort. He really didn't expect the place to be this feminine, but later on, he began to enjoy the place. I think we hanged out for about..3-4 hours there. I wasn't able to take photos of some parts of the joint since there was a reserved spot for a mini party just behind our seat.

Vanilla Cupcake Bakery isn't just your usual sweet place. It's a great place to hang out, even do shoots or reserve for a mini party or get-together. It's a lovely place for almost anything.

Yuki says bye-bye!

If you have the time, do drop by at any Vanilla Cupcake Bakery and enjoy the experience. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! :3